It seems there is a bug in GT which means you can make free duplicate copies of any
parts you buy for a particular type of car. Try this:
- Buy two identical cars. Give them a different color scheme if you like.
- Buy loads of parts for the first one - fully spec it up if you like.
- Check out its list of fitted parts from the garage (you should see a list of what you
- Switch to the other car and get in it (the one which you haven't fitted any parts on
yet) and check its fitted parts list (should be empty).
- Still in the second car, go race (Spot Race will do).
- When you get options to qualify, go to Machine Setting, then Change Parts. You'll now
find you can select all the parts from the other car, tyres, turbos, suspension,
intercooler etc, in effect fully spec'ing up the second car.
- Exit the race, and go back to the garage. Check out the list of fitted parts for both
cars. The parts are now installed for both of them!
NOTE: This won't work for the Weight Reduction or Racing Mod options and a few other
things (like port polishing), as these are not available from the Change Parts menu -
they're not really "parts" as such anyway. Also, it doesn't seem to work with
cars that have been won.
Of course the best thing you can do with this is sell the extra cars. As it cost you
nothing to increase its specs, you'll make a profit when you sell it!